This may seem a little out of context considering it’s October, but if you live in the Pacific NW you will understand. It’s been 70′s and sunny every day and that, my friends, is still considered Summer around here! In June, I made myself a Summer to-do list off all the things I wanted to accomplish during our warm, sunny months. With a few items left, here is a big ol’ update!
1. Portland Brewfest. The world’s second largest brewfest, runner up to Oktoberfest. It’s one of my favorite summer events. Done!
2. Spend a weekend in central Oregon. Done! We were lucky enough to indulge in an extra long weekend in Bend with one of my best friends & her awesome family. Think: floating the river, outdoor BBQ’s, paddle boarding, Pubcycling…a great last hoorah for summer.
3. Spend an afternoon at McMenamins Edgefield & (4.) Go to an outdoor concert. DONE! All in one day, with my sis & her girlfriends at the Florence & The Machine concert.
5. Go camping (and use our new, fancy tent from REI). DONE! A weekend filled with family, marshmallows, fresh air & no technology + early mornings paired with coffee fresh from the portable stove. Perfection.
6. Weddings!! One in Oregon & one family wedding in Northern CA. Both involved lots of dancing. DONE!
7. Attend at least one Timber’s game. DONE! A spontaneous event that I wasn’t sure would get checked off this season, but so happy it did. The Timbers Army is c.r.a.z.y.
8. Take a cooking class at Sur La Table. DONE! The Mr. & I had a wonderful date night at Sur La Table (and yes, I realize this aged us probably 20 years, but I don’t care…do it, and you’ll agree!). It was a blast cooking up pure goodness for the Sizzling Summer Fiesta Menu. Fully admitting to the domestic nerd I became after this class!
10. Spend a weekend in Seattle visiting friends & family. DONE!
13. Brew-cycle. DONE! Not once, but TWICE. Once for my birthday in Portland and another over Labor Day in Bend (cyclepub.com). I am an official pro-pubcycler (no complaints). If you’re wondering, I totally recommend both.
15. Perfect the home-made margarita. DONE! Well, kinda…we made plenty of margaritas in Bend and I have come to the conclusion that my absolute favorite is actually a blood orange margarita. So, I’ll share my tidbits on recipes in the near future and shall continue my efforts in perfecting the home-made blood orange margarita instead.
16. Hit up Portland Flea again & again. Read more about it’s awesomeness here. DONE! Once in June and I will be heading next weekend as well. I am loving their new indoor location on the East Side and am hoping this allows it to continue year round.
Sadly, not all items were crossed off my to-do list, but hey….I DID go to Mexico, which was not originally on the list, so I’d say I still had a pretty awesome Summer.
On to Fall now! Happy Friday & have a great weekend!